Process a Revit error report (HTML file) and extract the error types, all affected elements and the total number of errors.
- report: a file path to the location of the report
- fetch_elements: a Boolean toggle (True by default). When true, the node will attempt to fetch the elements involved in each error. For this to be successful, the node must be executed from the Revit document that the report originated from. If the element does not exist any more, a null value will be returned instead. If you are executing from a different document (or from Sandbox mode), be sure to set “fetch_elements” to False. This will give you the ID of each element as a string for easy documentation.
- error messages: all error messages in the report.
- affected elements: the elements involved in each individual error.
- unique errors: each type of error is listed here only once. Use this to filter in a specific type of error (and thus its elements).
- number of errors: a count for each unique error type and the sum of all errors found in the report. Useful for documentation purposes.
The expected result when “fetch_elements” is set to False:
An example on how to filter a specific type of error and fetch only its elements: